Friday, April 6, 2012

Full Term.


There is a full term baby inside of me! Which according to my tracker is the size of a watermelon. Oddly enough... this isn't the first time I've had an entire watermelon inside of me. I can and have eaten full watermelons on my own. I've actually been really craving watermelon lately. How ironic. 

I'm happy to say that I'm not so uncomfortable anymore. I thought it would only get worse... but it has somehow eased up a bit. Sleeping isn't such a big ordeal anymore. I still have heartburn non stop, but my only other complaint now is that my tummy is itchy itchy itchy. I know that means I'm stretching... and along with stretching comes stretch marks. So I've been guzzling water and loading up on all sorts of lotions and oils. Hopefully I don't have to stretch much more before Baby Boy decides to make an appearance. 

This week's report: I've gained a total of 18lbs and I'm dilated to 1.5cm and I'm 80% effaced. My next check up will be on Tuesday! I'd like to see big changes by then. I've been doing a lot of exercising, especially walking. The other night, Karl and I took a walk with my parents to the frozen yogurt shop near their house. (counter productive?) I power walked and per my mother's advice walked with one foot on the curb and one foot on the street. I don't know if that did anything but make me look stupid and my calves burn, but I felt like a champion. And I'll probably do it again. 

3 comments:

Lindsee said...

kacey + pregnancy = cute

kaelin said...

i only hope to look half as cute as you do full term. but that would require me to not gain the average weight, and i'm willing to bet i'll gain twice that.

can't wait for that boy to come around!

Karen said...

You ARE a champion!