Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My College Life So Far....

This will be my last semester at MCC! As you can see... ^ ... It's been a very enlightening past year and a half... (I'll be selling more than half those books back tomorrow... haha) I'm kinda sad though. I'll miss MCC... and I'm a tad freaked out about going to ASU. But I think this is going to be the best semester.
MWF 7:30 to 8:20 am I have Bio 109 - Natural History of the SW. We will be studying plants and animals... doesn't sound super exciting right? BUT. We will be going on field trips and camping! Need I say more? My teacher is this tiny lady that is the biggest nerd but you can tell she's proud of it. She is super excited about everything, and I think that's what I need that early or I would fall asleep... like last semester.
MWF 8:30-9:20 am I have the lab for my Biology class. The room is filled snakes and spiders. Which is no big deal because it's not like my 2 biggest fears are snakes and spiders... oh. Wait. Yes they are!
MWF 10-10:50 am I have EDU 230- Cultural Diversity in Education. I've already had this teacher for another class, so I've got his system down. I only have to do 20 hours of service learning in an elm. classroom this time. I think that will be the best part though.
TR 9-10:15 am I have MAT157- Mathematics for Elementary Teachers. My teacher is named Mrs. Appel. Like Apple. As in bring an apple for your teacher. ha. She's super nice. And so is everyone in the class. Particulaly this old guy that sits in front of me who prefers to wear tank tops with the large swoop for the arm hole. Allowing me to see everything from his hairy back to his hairy stomach. He likes to make himself comfortable and lean back on my desk as well... What a distraction. haha And I definitely need to focus in this class. It's all review and teaching me how to actually teach the math concepts I'm reviewing... but I'd be lieing if I said I didn't ask my 7th grader brother for help on my hw today... haha
And I'm also taking CSF 205- Child development Online. I really am so excited to be back in school. I've met a lot of nice people and it's nice to be busy and prodcutive again. The days are already going by so much faster! Of course I'll let you know how I feel again in April....

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so proud of your progress. Your degree is in sight!

Happy Semester!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

woo hoo! last semesters are always the best! and did you know you are the grilled cheese sandwich to my tomato soup? cuz you are. love you!

Miss Stace said...

I love how all those books probably cost $100 each. Ahhhh education. gotta love it. :)

Full House said...

Are you sure you didn't add a bunch of books you already had from highschool to that pile to make it look like you are soooo busy?

Wowzers! I didn't ever have that many books. (probably why I didn't go to far in school I suppose)

Maren & Maile want to come visit you so we may just stop on by soon.

and yes I used just the lens it came with.